This isn't going to be a very long blog post because I attempt not to dwell too much on possibilities.
and when life gets tough and everyone becomes a jackass, this quote automatically springs up in my mind.
All the training and hard work will be put to the test next Wednesday where the drama kids (and drama practical teachers) are going to join the first ever drama competition for SMKAM(2).
Honestly, sometimes I'm not sure whether we are doing well or not. Whether we have worked hard enough to beat the rest.
But as I have always said, winning or losing doesn't matter. Of course, winning feels good, it's like a bonus, like having a cherry on the cake. But even if you lose, you still have the cake ! It's the process that matters. I've tried countless of times to explain this to others but they don't understand it the way I do.
The thing is, you grow from experiences. And even if you lose, no one can take that experience from you. I know this because, now, when I look back at myself when I first entered secondary school, I realised how much I have grown from this experiences.
I would bet you a million ringgit the me then, would never ever dream of acting in front of a crowd.
I would probably had fainted on stage.
A day before the drama competition is the zone level public speaking. I don't know what to expect for this year and I don't want to make any promises to anyone. I will try my best and if it's meant to be, it will be.
There's pressure of course, and plenty of criticism and disapproval from so many different parties. But it's alright, because they don't know the things you have been through and the things you understand. What you do for yourself, you get for yourself. You don't have to worry about others understanding you because everyone just thinks what they want to think anyway.
And if you're going to sulk in the corner just because someone said you can't then it's really your problem with your mentality.
I think we all have a choice .
You can either keep feeling sorry for yourself,
or,
you can go out and conquer the world.
You decide.


No comments:
Post a Comment